Monday, January 7, 2013

Peaks, Pits, Praises and Prayers - Day 7

Missed yesterday because it took ALL DAY to drive around Dallas and get the parts to do a tune up on my van. I am exhausted, but am thrilled with driving now. It doesn't sputter and shake while I'm driving. Cylinder #3 is fixed!! Thanks to hubby's friend that did the work! His wife is 8.5 months pregnant and ended up going to the hospital for dehydration while we were there. Keeping her lifted up in prayer.

Peak today - Hanging out with hubby this morning before he left for work. Usually we're off in our own directions and as soon as I start working full time, I'll be leaving the house when I take the kids to school and won't be home until after business hours. I'm trying to use this time to hang and get all done that I need to get done- while I still have a bit of free time. Trying to tie up all the loose ends and make all the calls that I've been putting off. Still have a couple to make, but forcing myself to commit to putting this down every day. 

Pit: Hearing that my twin sister is having to learn to ignore the negative things said about her. She's got her faults, but people take advantage of her and she's too nice to say anything. She posted on Facebook this morning that she's going to stop letting people walk all over her. She's such a good and giving person. She will do just about anything, but she has a lot of insecurities and for a long time those have ruled her life. She's started showing more independence since her daughter and our dad died. She's starting school and gaining more and more confidence. I'm so proud of her. It's a pit, but it's a wonderful step up for her to realize that you don't have to be nice to everyone. Sometimes people have to be told no and not allowed to walk all over people. Even if she has to be rude.

Praises: My cousin is adjusting to feeding and has a appointment for her newborn daughter. She's had her at home for 2 days and is doing great. It's great to text her or just chat with her on Facebook. I met her when she was 13 and am so grateful I have been reintroduced into her life. I pray for her guidance and happiness in the future.

The kids. I'm so proud of the kids in this house. My youngest spent the last weekend at her dad's house (she's my only biological daughter) and my husband's son and daughter were home with us. I feel so bad about dragging them all over yesterday to get the van fixed, but no more shaking! They got to hang out with hubby's friends' kids anyway. It is so nice to have everyone being nice to each other and respecting each other. We are all learning how to respect each other and not talk to each other disrespectfully.

Prayers: I pray for my husband and I's continued growth. I pray for our family's safety. I pray for my nephew, who turns 15 next weekend. I pray for our safety on our family vacation later this week. I pray for forgiveness for all of my selfish, ungodly decisions. I pray for wisdom to be able to control my temper. I pray for the self control to keep my mouth shut when I don't have anything constructive to say or a nice way to say it. I pray for my mind to beat my mouth when I get frustrated. I pray for guidance to become a healthier individual. I thank you for all that you have blessed me with. I know I have more than I need and I want to thank God for blessing me so abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment