Saturday, January 5, 2013

Peaks, Pits, Praises and Prayers - Day 5

I missed day 4. Go figure. But, I'm learning to be flexible, so just know I'll try to keep myself on track better in the future.

Peak: Picking my 11 year old daughter up from her very first lock in. It irritated me that they had you pick up your kid at 7:00 a.m., but it was worth getting up at 6 a.m. on a Saturday to see a happy girl. She passed out in the car within a couple of minutes (literally) and slept most of the day away. She had a really good time and I am so glad we could give her this memory.

Pit: The frustrating time I spent with my 13 year old step-son completing his school work. I learned something about myself that I didn't like and decided today to do something about it. (Background: He has a really hard time with grades and has been grounded consistently for about 4 years due to failing grades. He has two weeks left in this six weeks to bring his currently failing 2 core class grades up. We are up from failing all of his classes, so he's moving in the right direction. It's just not going as fast as I'd like.) I learned that a lot of time I just give him a vague instruction and then lecture him and bug him about completing the task. Today I was very specific in what he had to do. I was patient when he tried to find excuses why he couldn't do it and even had to tell my husband to back off because he was mad because I was making him go back and redo it. Hubby was mad because the boy was being very rude, but I tried to see the positive. I told hubby how he was being a jerk, but for the first time in years, he's actually willingly doing the changes and completing the assignment. He did all the work and got it done, so that part isn't a pit, but the process of forcing myself to be patient and understanding was hard work. Today it was the pits.

Praises: I am thankful for this new insight into my life. I'm thankful I have a husband that loves me and does things when he can see I don't feel like doing it. After dealing with the boy most of the day, hubby just got up and fixed dinner. Didn't even have to ask. The kids are respecting us more and we are getting along great. I was teasing him earlier and said "How did we end up so lucky?" Instead of his usual response of "I don't know", he said "Maybe it's Karma. Maybe we had to put up with all the crap to get lucky enough to find this." That makes a heart feel good. Especially when my husband isn't the "romantic" type and rarely says that ultimately cool thing at exactly the right time. Reminds me that I am truly blessed and I love him more and never knew someone could make me feel this way.

Prayers: My cousin in CO had her baby recently and got to go home today. I pray for rest and patience for her. I pray for the baby... new to the world. I pray for her health and her mommy's healing. I pray for my friends and family out there in this crazy world. I pray for the women out there that can't understand why their decisions always lead to disaster. I pray for revelation to them. Life is harder when you do it the right way, but Oh so much more rewarding.

Feeling rushed cause dinner is getting put on the table and everyone's waiting on me. Will try to spend more time on it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment