Thursday, January 3, 2013

Peak, Pit, Praise and Prayer - Day 3

Peak: I have a job interview tomorrow at a doctor's office! I'm nervous, but am excited at the opportunity. I was starting to get to be hard on myself about not having full time employment again. How much easier life would be if I had a full time income again. This job starts out 26 hours a week, but will be advanced to full time (and they have benefits!) if the person proves themselves. I have no doubt I can get it together and impress the boss!

Pit: Watching Geoff work so hard and be so stressed about money. I am so grateful I've had this time to grieve and grow, but it's time to get back to reality. Life works a whole lot better when I'm giving 100% to the family. I wholeheartedly believe my family needed this time to grow and mature, but we're ready to get back to reality and focus on our goals. They are so much healthier now than they have ever been.

Praise: I am thankful for the vision I now have of my life. Life is wonderful. Even if we're broke, Geoff and I are happy with being with each other and our kids are glad we are their parents. They went back to school today. It's so quiet around the house, it seems so lonely without them. I'm also very grateful for the wonderful human resource woman I spoke with this morning. We hit it off and had a wonderful conversation. She's excited about meeting tomorrow and I think I made a really good impression. I have an interview at 11:00 in the morning. I'm pscyhed about working in an environment like she described. I am thankful for the health of my children. I'm thankful for the pending birth of my cousin Ariel's baby girl. They induced this morning and hopefully she will make her appearance sooner rather than later.

Prayer: I lift up my family to God. I ask that he speak to us all and help guide us on the paths we are one. Every person in this house seems to have grown so much recently. We are all striving to be better people. I have been blessed with such wonderful people to experience and grow with. I pray for my husband and I to grow as parents and my kids to grow as kids. I'm so blessed to have them in my life. I pray for Judy's granddaughter. She's a peach. I pray for all the relatives' babies I've experienced through Facebook. I pray for those who are struggling to find employment. I pray for those that are stuck in a life they hate and have no idea how to get out of it. It's so hard to understand that to see yourself honestly you have to be willing to experience pain and there is a whole lot of pain intolerance in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment