Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Peak, Pit, Praise and Prayers - Day 2

Peak: Peak of my day was spending the morning with a dear friend who is having a hard time right now. It makes my heart warm to be able to support someone while they feel so lost. To be the supportive cheerleader in a relationship is a wonderful feeling! I am also thoroughly enjoying the last day with my kids home. They are off to school tomorrow and we have had a lot of good bonding time since I've been off work and Geoff had to close the shop. When I start to question the plan for our lives - because I have no idea where this path is leading - I force myself to remember that we got weeks just to hang out with our kids. We got a lot of good quality time together as a couple, as well as a family. It's amazing at the time and will create countless positive memories.

Pit: I feel insecure today. I can't put my finger on it and don't know why I'm feeling this way, but it's really bugging me. I am super defensive and am trying to grow stronger and focus more on the positive. We have a guest coming for dinner that will hopefully lift my spirits. She always makes me smile.

Praise: I thank God for ensuring that I have all of my needs met. One focus I have tried to enforce on myself, this one is one of my main ones. God gives me what I need and if there is something I want and don't have, I don't NEED it. Forcing myself to admit the status of wants/needs is hard. I so want to be selfish, but I have more than I NEED. In this world, it is so easy to get caught up in what we don't have rather than being thankful for what we are blessed with. I'm coming to realize if you let possessions define you, you will never be fulfilled. That can only be filled with love and acceptance. I am so thankful to be coming to understand this new way of thinking.

Prayers: I pray for my children. I pray they find God and Jesus and develop the kind of relationship with them that I am learning to. I pray for my spiritual growth and understanding. I pray for my 13 year old son's continued growth (he made me so proud today!! He wrote up his 13 goals for the next semester at school!! Awesome!!) I pray for acceptance of who she is and the ability to see how truly beautiful she is to my 11 year old step-daughter. She's a preteen and I know this comes with that age, but I see how truly beautiful she is and just hope she soon realizes how wonderful she is. She lights up the world with her smile and her laugh is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. I pray for peace within my 9 year old. She was talking about cancer and dying again today. She is trying so hard to understand what took her grandfather away from her. I really believe she might grow up and find a cure for cancer, just so she can help make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. She's such a bright light in the dark. I pray for my husband's patience. I know I am a pain to be around when I'm feeling insecure, so I pray that he is extra patient with me tonight. I pray for my Sam (he's my pup)- he is having skin issues. I pray for my sisters and mothers. I pray they find peace and happiness within their lives. I pray for my nieces and nephews as they go back to school this coming week. I pray for my nephew who is turning 15 this month. Man, these kids grow up too fast. I pray for all the doctors and nurses out there treating the ill. I pray for knowledge and guidance to help heal the people. I pray for the homeless and hope they find somewhere warm to sleep and food for their stomachs.

No comments:

Post a Comment