Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Peak, Pit, Praise and Prayers - Day 1

Peaks, Pits, Praises and Prayers Journal. 1. Peaks of the Day: The highlights. The good moments. Something overall positive that happened during the day. 2. Pit of the Day: The low point of the day. But, rather than just complaining about it, a way that looking back at it can be positive or a blessing in disguise. 3. Praise: Simply praising God for specific things that happened 4. Prayers: Prayer requests that may have arose from the new day

Peak of the day: Kissing my husband at midnight. Seeing my kids laughing and having a good time celebrating the new year with us.

Pit of the day: Geoff's back hurting. He works so hard and tries so hard. I hate when he hurts. He seems to be feeling somewhat better and it serves as a reminder that we need to take care of ourselves and not be so lazy.

Praise: I am so thankful for my life and to be surrounded by people who I truly love and who truly love me. We are growing so much as a family and I am so grateful to be a part of that.

Prayers: prayers for Geoff and his back. Prayers for my 13 year old son's personal growth. Thankful for the revelation of the positive parenting techniques we have learned. Prayers for my 11 and 9 year old daughters. It was tough growing up when I was their age 20+ years ago, but I find it so hard to live as an adult in this world, I can't imagine going through what they have to go through. Information is so readily available and I pray that parents (especially me and Geoff) learn positive ways to use the information highway and help educate our children in how to use that information. I pray for personal growth in myself and family. I pray for the strength to fight the urge to try to control my and my family's future. I pray for the acceptance of God's will and to live for him, not ourselves.  I pray for my extended family- My sisters to find their strength in God and learn to trust him completely. I pray for my mothers in their separate endeavors. I pray they come to understand and know God on a personal, intimate level. I pray for my husband to expand his willingness to open himself to God. I pray my children come to know God and Jesus on a level unprecedented. I pray for the strength to become the woman God made me to be. I pray for strength to understand where God is talking and where I am trying to have my own way. I pray for all those affected by disease and lift them up. I pray for understanding and acceptance of the life I was meant to lead. I pray for all the women out there that have no idea what it is like to love themselves. I pray for all the children, keep them safe and healthy. I pray for our politicians. I pray we learn to love each other and accept unconditionally. I pray for understanding and tolerance between the nations. I pray for all the soldiers serving our country. I pray for their leaders, the ability to make sound ethical decisions. I pray for the health of everyone I know. I pray for joy to fill their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment