Friday, July 2, 2010

Long day, but somehow ended up where I need to be...

Had a long day at work, but I survived. Now I'm sitting in bed next to the hubby and he's playing video games and I'm blaring my music (headphones, of course) and blogging. I'm looking so forward to this weekend. Three days and an agreeable family that the house needs a thorough cleaning.
I went to six flags yesterday with a friend I haven't seen in like 15 years. I was terrified when we got together we'd not know what to say and or have anything to talk about. Just the opposite happened. We talked and talked. She's just as cool as I remember.
I got to meet her kids. It is cool seeing people I grew up with with older kids. I see their parents inside of them. It makes me smile that I have friends that are still around. It's like a friend, only with roots. There's so much more security in knowing someone forever and having that foundation. I tend to forget that everyone doesn't have that. I'm lucky in that aspect. I've had a friend since I was a minute old. My twin sister has to be my closest friend for the longest.
I've had this desire to go dancing for a while now. A couple of years ago I asked hubby if he'd take dancing lessons. He agreed that he'd do it in the future sometime. I wonder if I can talk him into it. I miss dancing. I miss that excitement and adrenaline that comes with being led around the dance floor. I miss the sexiness of dirty dancing. I don't think I've ever dated anyone that had a clue how to dance. I remember back in high school, girls got jealous from how I danced with their boyfriends.
My husband mentioned he was almost 40 today. He's only 37, but that made me realize how old we're getting. I feel frustrated because there's still part of me searching for what I'm supposed to be doing. I don't know what I was put here for. Don't have a clue. I know what I'm doing, but don't have a clue in what direction I should be traveling. My therapist said we needed to talk about "life purpose" in one of our sessions. He also recommended that I begin going to AA meetings. I've expressed an interest and he asked me to participate in a recovery program he is starting in January of next year. I have fear issues, so it's hard for me to go to a room full of people and not freak out. I've asked hubby to go with me. I think it'd do both of us some good. Am hoping he comes around and goes. But, if not, I might try to force myself to swallow the fear and go.
Well, going to go facebook for a while. Man, how did I live before facebook became a verb?

No comments:

Post a Comment