Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dishes aren't completely done...

But, most of them are either done or in the drain rack. The three dogs are clean and the fishtank has gotten somewhat of a makeover. Of course we only have 2 of the original 30 something fish we had in there still living, but at least when we put more in the tank, we'll be prepared. Oh, the fun of pets.

I heard an ad on the radio today that told the story of how memorial day started and why it is in this part of the year. It was just after the civil war and people waited for the snow to melt to bury their dead. The graves were dug and the soldiers laid to rest. Then, annually after that, they would come out in late May and put flowers on the graves, after the snow melted. Hm. It wasn't actually a national holiday until sometime in the 50's, I believe.

Soon I have to get started on a website for the company. I know it's only going to take a bit of time, but it's hard and I don't have Boyce to do it for me. Selfish, I know, but he could do it in about 1/25 of the time it will take me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment