Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My parents are getting divorced.

My first notion is to wonder how this could happen and try to alter the path they are on and try to resolve the situation. My heart breaks because for the last 23 years, my stepmom has been my mom and now she's leaving my father. Part of me (just part) wants to stomp my feet and scream until they give in and say that they have decided to work it out.
But, then another part of me knows that it's not my problem. Period. They are both grown adults and I have to trust that they know what is best for them. It's just so hard to accept that the home they built for us over the last 23 years is now gone. There is no more "Granny and Pops" it's now "Granny" and "Pops".
My heart goes out to them and I hope eventually they both find happiness. Lately they have both been miserable and I can only hope that somewhere along this path they can find happiness. My prayers and thoughts are with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment